On 30th January 2013, Google stop their Google Sync service to all new iphone/ipad/ipod devices, only the existing Google Sync connection will continue to function.
Google Sync will be only available to Google Apps Business, Education and government subscriber.
I feel this is a self-fish move to promote their Google Gmail & Calendar, as well as the Google Apps.
To read more, please visit Google Sync End Of Life
The alternative to sync your Contacts list with Google contact is by using CardDAV.
Here is the step-by-step instruction:-
Here’s how to sync your contacts to your device:
- Open the Settings application on your device.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account…
- Select Other
- Select Add CardDAV Account
- Fill out your account information in the following fields:
- Server: Enter “google.com”
- User Name: Enter your full Google email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
- Make sure that the “Contacts” option is turned to ON.
- After you’ve completed setup, open the Contacts app on your device, and syncing will automatically begin.